Monday, June 18, 2012

Made It My Way

I have been busy trying to close up my room. I decided to purge while I packed. I have very little besides my classroom library to unpack in August. I also took some time to make improvements on some things for my room. I am sharing one here, and linking up with Tara on her Make It Mondays linky party.


My toolbox, purchased at Lowe's and improved in my room, is a Pinterest inspired project from Rebecca Rojas at Create, Teach, Share. I improved the color to basic black. The drawer inserts are scrapbook papers with Mod Podge to allow them to be wiped clean. Mod Podge coats the paper, and allow it to be peeled out to add labels, or to swap labels. Another layer on Mod Podge holds the insert beautifully!


I have another project I'll share next week that builds on my black and white color scheme.

6 comments:

  1. Love your teacher toolbox!!! It would look great in my room:) I have b/w too...along with a few other colors:)) Thanks for linking up:))

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG - your toolbox would totally fit in my craft room color scheme! LOVE IT!!!!
    Audrey
    The Sweet Life of Third Grade – We’re having a SWEET giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Marcia! I just found your blog through Tara's link up and I'm your newest follower. I also made a tool box this week. I love how yours turned out. I wish I would have thought of using mod podge.... it took me FOREVER to tape those little papers inside :/

    Katie
    Dirty Hands and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excited about the mention of mod podge! So, did you put mod podge on the paper then adhere it to the drawer? Definitely going to try it. Bought mine, and it's sitting at home waiting for me to get back into town! I love your black and white. Absolutely beautiful! :)

    Amanda
    Reaching for the TOP!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh...I like this. It looks very classy. I may break down and make one of these things. I like how organized it looks. Does each drawer hold enough "stuff?"
    Mandy
    http://mandys-tips-4-teachers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! I love this one! It is sooo pretty! I think you should send me this one and make another. =)

    Misty
    Think, Wonder, & Teach

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover