Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Currently It's A New and Better Year

Welcome to 2014! I slept through (well, almost) the neighbor's fireworks at midnight. I gave up fighting the day long headache and went to bed after the weather report. Hubby had to work early and princess spent the night with a friend.

I am up early hoping to get some things accomplished before we get the predicted 7 or 8 inches of snow. I love to watch the stuff fall, but hate the cold that comes with it! I had great plans for my break, but am realizing very little of it has come to pass. The rest and relaxation that I needed won in the end. I still have a few days to get some of those items checked off my list. A blog post is the first item. Thanks to Farley's Currently, I have a focus.


It's just me and the dogs this morning. Hubby is at work. My chocolate lab is a very noisy sleeper! I love that dog! She is great company when I am home alone. My Jack Russell thinks she is a cat, and is just as finicky as one.

My life plans have changed quite a bit in the last couple of years, but I am more than content. Things happen for a reason, and the changes have helped me to cherish things in my life. 

After a difficult year personally that was brought about by some of the above mentioned changes, I am excited about the possibilities the new year offers. Some of those changes are giving me the time I need to get things going in an even more positive direction personally and professionally. 

A hot chocolate with a candy cane stirrer would be perfect. I may need to stop and grab one while I run errands. Yummy! 

I am off to grab a few needed items and head up to school. I know it is a holiday, but I am hoping I can get in, get my few tasks finished, and get out before anyone knows I am there. The copy machine is calling my name! I have some recent purchases to print and prepare for January, including my copy of Currently for my classroom. Students took theirs as homework! I need to get school things done today as Hubby has Thursday and Friday off. Not sure what we have planned, but I know I will cherish the time together. We may go to the movies. 

How will you spend your last few days of vacation?

5 comments:

  1. I am so glad I live 40 minutes from school - I used to be in all the time on weekends and holidays when my school was nearby! Hope you get it all done quick and back to relaxing soon -- with that hot chocolate.

    Julie
    Math is Elementary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BTW, first time visitor to your blog and just started following thanks to Currently!

      Julie

      Delete
  2. I'm heading out to school tomorrow and will probably be working a full workday. I've got so much to do and when I'm home, I do absolutely nothing.

    Happy New Year!
    Carla
    Surviving Sixth Grade

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've managed quite successfully to avoid nearly all work I needed to do for school! Well done you though on heading into school to get yourself prepared! Enjoy your last few days of holidays.

    Butterflying Through Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOOOO! What's your OLW? Mine's EMBRACE.

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover