Thursday, March 29, 2012

Chaos

Things around here have been c-r-a-z-y!! Our marking period ended last Friday. Grades were due Monday morning at 8:00. I spent ALL day here on Saturday, reading through response journals, writing projects, and other things. The time frame didn't allow for collaboration with my team on grades, or with my inclusion co-teacher. My team and I used shared Google Docs to help us reach our deadline. Finally, we submitted grades only to find out the entire system had an error. Report cards go home tomorrow, and conferences are later in April. I know, bad planning on all parts.

To add to the other chaos in my life, I had back-to-back track meets Monday and Tuesday. Yesterday was our Wax Museum. On Tuesday few students had their props, signs or costumes. I hardly slept Tuesday, worrying that this would be our worst one ever. I had to get locations figured out, and props in their places for 78 students in less than thirty minutes. I was surprised when every fifth grader had a speech, and a sign, button, and prop. They were well prepared after all. Students from all of the lower grades came to watch, listen, and learn. We had over five hundred "visitors" during our afternoon run, and a packed house last night. We received compliments from everyone, and even had the Super (with his wife), and the P come.

I am hoping for some calm today and tomorrow. We are doing a short reading test today. A leveled worksheet, and playing Boggle. We need to get through today and tomorrow, as vacation starts at 3:00 tomorrow. The teachers have not had a day off since January 3. This will be a much welcomed break! I need to clean and get organized!


What did you or will you do for break?
Marcia


Queen Elizabeth I

Mary Kay Ash

Dale Earnhardt, Sr.






Pin It button on image hover