Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Blissful Year?

I have been reading many posts lately about blog anniversaries, and feel like such a slacker compared to many of them. I have been so inconsistent with posting. I  post when I have something to share, or when I join a linky party. I haven't been very concerned with growing my following. I guess this next year will be dedicated to those two things. Maybe I will venture into a linky party of my own. Until then, I will continue to link up with other bloggers, including Michelle, the 3AM teacher. She is celebrating her first anniversary in the blog world with a linky. If you don't know Michelle, she is a very talented artist that has beautiful clipart, often with freebies. The poster below is just a sample.


Michelle's linky wants you to share a favorite memory from the first year as a blogger. I have many wonderful memories, including getting that first comment and follower, having a request for an item I made, or getting an award. But, my favorite memory from my year of blogging has to be winning a blog design. Like so many of you, I started reading blogs, and soon became hooked. I had to have my own. I didn't know how to set up my own blog, but found so many bloggers giving advice. I learned to create my own background and button. I tweaked and tweaked and tweaked my design, but still didn't love it. I may have been learning, but it wasn't always bliss!

Just when I was ready to scrap the whole thing, I won a free make over from the lovely ladies at Honey Bunch Blog Design. I love that my design is unique. I still want to learn to add things to the overall design to improve the look and function. I really want to add a custom Melon Headz version of me. With my own anniversary this week, I just may have to splurge!

Don't forget to link up with Michelle and share your memories.
Pin It button on image hover