Friday, November 2, 2012

Book vs. Movie and It's A Wrap

During our standardized testing window, my students read the book, Shiloh, by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor. We have been so busy, that we haven't had a chance to watch the movie to do a comparison of the book and movie. Today seemed like the perfect opportunity. It was the end of the marking period, grades are due Monday- and no time to collaborate with my co-teacher, and it was pajama-rama (fundraiser for our National Honor Society students at the high school). I came up with a quick sheet for students to use before and during the movie. We would be able to justify to administration if they popped in during the movie. While students took notes and enjoyed the movie, my co-teacher and I discussed student goals and progress.

This was the perfect way to end the marking period with a read-in and movie.

Off to finish those grade cards. Have a great weekend.



Pin It button on image hover