Monday, January 21, 2013

I Love PD!

Today was a scheduled professional development day. I love when we have a county PD day because we get to choose own sessions. The way I see it is if I have to be in class when others are at home, it better be worth it. Today was definitely worth it. We had many choices of activities to pick from including a keynote speaker. I considered one on Pinterest for Educators or iPads in the Classroom. Wow, what choices! To pin and play for three hours!

Instead I chose to go to a Make-It, Take-It. We were allowed us to use any of the usually paid supplies for FREE! This included high end colored printers, laminators, poster makers, button makers, and all the papers and gadgets to enhance your projects. I spent three hours downloading and printing task cards, posters, banners, and more. Some of my projects are ones I recently purchased on Teachers Pay Teachers or Teacher's Notebook. Others are my own creation that you can get from my TpT store. I had been stockpiling projects since I signed up for this the beginning of December. My students will definitely benefit from this morning's work!
photo.JPG
A small sample of projects! 

I will be back later to share information from my afternoon session. It's late and I still have a huge pile of lamination to cut. Any volunteers?

Pin It button on image hover