Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Monday's Made It

 I am joining Tara from 4th Grade Frolic's Monday Made It Linky.

My first project was to make tags to add to our Reading Olympian recording chains. (You can learn about our experience here and even gather more ideas on the Pass the Torch Linky organized by Michelle, Krista, and Julie.)

I purchased clipart from Michelle, The 3 AM Teacher, to use on the tags. I wanted something for the students to keep track of the root words, prefixes, and suffixes they have mastered. You can purchase really nice "Brag Tags" from the Reading Olympians, but I had used all of my expendable classroom cash this year. With it being so late in the year, I thought this was a good alternative.


My layout allowed for 3 rows of 7 tags that are about 1.25 X 2.3 inches. I printed the design on a thick card stock so they are opaque. I laminated with a thick laminate, and used my Crop-o-dile to punch the hole and crimp the eyelet. I had everything I needed for this project already except the ball chain and connectors. I was lucky to find the spool on SALE at Hobby Lobby. At 50% off, I got the two spools I needed for 24" necklaces (only used part of the second one) for $7.99 + tax. A student gave me a giftcard for Christmas, so this was a "free" project except for the clipart. The clipart will be used again for a bulletin board and some Greek Mythology work in the future. The beads are the mini pony beads. I still need to make a "name tag" for each student chain. See Diane's post to see how she made hers.

My second project was to make some task cards for reviewing math concepts. Like Tara, I often forget to print my own projects for my classroom. This time they get to use it before I offer it. Adding and Subtracting Unlike Denominators and Please, Feed the Animals! Problem Solving (which features Michelle, The 3 AM Teacher, Animal Safari and Pudgies sets) will be in my store soon.

I don't know about you, but this was a busy day for me. The first day back from break, and I am already thinking summer! The 70 degree temperature certainly helped. I am making my list of things to make for future Monday Made It projects. 



Pin It button on image hover