Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Trying Times

I have not been very good about blogging lately. I haven't had time or been in the right frame of mind. Things have been difficult. I normally don't share many personal stories here, but need to "talk".

School got out June 18th. I headed to school that Friday to finish paperwork, grade level orders, etc. when my phone started exploding with texts from family. My fourteen year old niece was in intensive care following several strokes. After multiple batteries of tests, she was diagnosed with Moyamoya, a congenital condition where blood vessels fail to form correctly in the brain. She was sent from Orlando to Boston Children's Hospital for evaluation for brain surgery. She will have surgery next week hopefully. The delay was to allow brain swelling to go down, and to give her the best chances of full recovery. 

Since that diagnosis, more bad news came to our family. A brother-in-law had a heart attack and a former b-i-l was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. 

Then the unimaginable happened early this past Friday morning. The older sister of the Moyamoya patient had a house fire. Her five year old daughter did not survive. Our family is distraught. It is never easy to lose someone, but it is always compounded when it is a child. The stress has gotten to my father. He was hospitalized with heart and respiratory problems. 

Sunday was my youngest daughter's graduation party. A celebration with a huge gray cloud overshadowing all. Lots of stress and so much sadness. 

As we prepare to lay our little angel to rest, please pray for my sister, her daughters, and my family in general. We can use it.

Pin It button on image hover