Friday, August 1, 2014

Currently August 1st

Wow! The summer is just flying by. It has been too cool to swim much, and I have been too busy. I am linking up with Farley at Oh' Boy 4th Grade for her monthly Currently Linky Party.

My usual Friday night guilty pleasure is SYTD. Not much else on of interest tonight. I finished my book earlier, and I know I cannot finish any book I start tonight. I am a cover to cover reader.

I had a two day Daily 5 Revised PD session. I didn't really learn anything new, but it gave me a chance to meet new teachers and share some tips, tricks, and teaching strategies. The best part of the session were the breakout sessions on Wednesday. I got to play with apps and made a really awesome poster using my $10 credit  in their "shop". I will share it on Monday. 

With our late ending June 18th, and graduation party tasks, I feel like summer just started. We go back in a month. Hubby and I are heading to NC to see son's new home and take some things. I have things to finish, like cleaning before I go. I am looking forward to getting away. It is our first trip in a year and a half. 

I can get a key to my room on August 11th. Our first work day is August 26th. We get a half day to work in our room, but Open House is Wednesday! We have PD at the county before Open House :( so I have to be ready before the 26th! We have all day PD on Thursday, followed by a mandatory four day weekend in Michigan. Kids come back on Tuesday, September 2nd. What are you doing Currently? Link up!


  1. Enjoy your last weeks of Summer. Going to NC sounds fun! I have never been there :)

  2. Hi Marcia,
    I completely understand about your list. Does yours seem to get longer the more you do, like mine does? I hope you have a safe trip...enjoy it and have safe travels.


  3. NC sounds great right about now! Good luck with your first weeks back!
    Colleen :-)
    Fun and Fearless in First


Pin It button on image hover