Monday, September 1, 2014

September 1st

I cannot believe it has been almost a month since I blogged. I have been crazy busy getting my room ready. Kids come tomorrow, and I am not ready! The room is ready, but not me. Cannot get my head refocused on school with such a short summer. Wouldn't you know it, it waits until we are trying to get ready for school for summer heat to finally arrive. We don't have air conditioning. Yikes! 90 today and mid 80's for the next couple of days. I am melting at the thought.

Since it is the first of the month, I am linking up with the one and only one that matters, Currently linky from the fabulous Farley. (I won a set of her new Currently for the Classroom from Farley and have September's waiting for my kiddos.)

I started working on school stuff hours ago, and am taking a break. It is the last Rachael Ray I will see for months.
I have rearranged my room, and will share the reveal soon. I love how it looks. I got lots of compliments at Open House last Wednesday. 
I still need to hang my Bucket Filler buckets and finish the seats for some new crate seats. I also need to get plans on paper. The interim super may be checking. 
I hate the thought of putting on real shoes as we can't wear flip flops. I need some cute and comfy shoes or sandals to get me through the next couple of weeks. I also need to get some skirts or capris since the new super won't allow jeans. Ever! We use to donate to United Way or our Foundation for the right to wear jeans on paydays. The money will go to buy new clothes. Well actually, it went into my classroom many times over.
My three trips I would love to take someday are to Ireland, hubby's grandfather came from there, Alaska and Hawaii. I watch Gold Rush just to see the scenery. Hubby went to Hawaii before we met. I really would love to go back with him. Maybe someday.

Off to finish my projects and plans. Hope your year is off to a great start.

Pin It button on image hover