Monday, September 15, 2014

Sunday Scoop on an early Monday morning

I am linking up with The Teaching Trio for their Sunday Scoop. I enjoyed reading other's lists last week, but have been so overwhelmed, that I didn't have the energy to link up.


We are supposed to post lesson plans online for parents and admin to see. I am excited that the district picked up the cost of Planbook.com. I do my plans Friday, tweak on Sunday, and post on Sunday night/Monday morning. I love that I can bump plans if I need. I post updated plans throughout the week if there are major changes. I can even add notes about what worked or didn't work to prove reflection for my evaluation. 

I have let my pile of papers grow, as I worked on things for the room this weekend. This led to my growing pile of papers and lamination. I made some progress on both tonight, but still have some of each.

I have an inclusion classroom. Contractually I am to have two less students. That is hard to maintain when new students need support in an inclusion classroom. We are interviewing candidates tomorrow. In the meantime, I have a lovely sub that has fit right into our room. She is self-directed, and has been a godsend. I hope that when the interviews are finished to get the rest of me boards done. 

I am also hoping that once I have the aide in place, some of my bookkeeping tasks will go away and give me more time to get papers graded during the day, leaving time for blogging in the evening. I have a couple of pending posts, just need time to compose them.

Hope your week gets off to a great start.


Pin It button on image hover